Friday, April 2, 2010

April classes

Autumn has always been my favourite time of the year; the heat is over (supposedly! No one told Mother Nature this year though!) but it's not too cold and I adore the colours of the leaves on deciduous trees. It's so beautiful in the mountains in Autumn, but I do miss Christchurch the most then ...

The Autumn Traditions designer papers and Autumn Days stamp set appealed to me in a nanosecond when I first saw them in the US catalogue, so they were high on my list of must haves for my demo pre-order! And the first thing I used them for was to create an easel calendar card with drawer attached to sit on my desk.

Gorjamalicious! Well, of course I could not stop at one! More new goodies to try - can't have them feeling left out, can I?! So I made another using the Cottage Wall papers and Vintage Vogue stamp set. Here tis:

The little handle for the drawer I found at my LSS; isn't it just too perfect?!

My regular ladies love these too - well, actually, they haven't seen the purple one yet and I know they'll just be SWOONING cos they all luuurrve purple! - and we will be making them in class this month. If you are interested, send me an email and I'll give you details, or I can come to you!

Cheers
Kez

11 comments:

Justice Aunties Inc said...

oh kerry, these are gorgeous, i wish i lived in tasmania, i would come to your classes. So i could learn how to make them to teach my ladies at my classes, they would just adore them as much as i do.

cheers Tracey.

Meighan said...

Love your creations Kez, the easel card on top of the draw is a great idea. Thanks for sharing

Liam said...

love it love it love. Just perfect. Definitely love the little handle you found. It is sooooo adorable.

Liam

Juliette Chapman said...

Kerry - very nice. I think I will be getting some of the Autumn Traditions and the Autumn Days stamps (I didn't like them to begin with but they are growing on me. Just love this. Oh and the handle is fantastic - we need something like this too I think!!!

Karyn Schultz said...

these are just gorgeous Kez. I'm going to try and make one myself. thanks for the amazing inspiration!!

Karyn Schultz said...

following my last comment - where did you get the calendars from?

Lynda said...

Luv these to bits Kes.....I have a v v similar project on my to do list....however....ur LSS s#### all over mine...those handles are brilliant!!! When I grow up I so wann be like you!! ooxx

Robyn P said...

I wasn't sure about the autumn paper and stamps, but you've shown me how interesting they can be in the hands of talented crafter.

Tui Nathan said...

Oh wow, wow, wow .... these are just gorgamalicious .... I have created one of these, but it pales in comparison .... the Autumn papers look stunning, (was not a wish list for me, but I have changed my mind), oh and that handle ... way too cute, love it.

BTW: Where did you get your mini calendars? Can I purchase somewhere?

Cherrie said...

in the words of my 2 year old.... oh... lov-e-ly,..
Absolutely gorgeous, will have to try this one myself.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Simply jaw dropping. Love it.