Friday, October 1, 2021

How Old? - CAS on Friday Challenge #215


It's time for some clean and simple in our lives! Yep, the CAS on Friday challenge has rolled around again. 

This is challenge #215 and the theme is CIRCLES. I chose some cogs for a guy card. 


I absolutely LOVE the quirked brow on this gentleman that gives him such a skeptical look, especially paired with that sentiment (roflol), so I made my cogs very worn and grungy to tie in with the aged theme. To get them like that, once I had cut my die I used fingers to spread grit paste all over to give texture, then once dry I simply dabbed different coloured paints and a bit of archival ink too. I hope they look suitably decrepit!

Materials used:
  • stamps - Inquisitive (Tim Holtz)
  • card - basic black, basic white
  • distress paints - frayed burlap, black soot, salvaged patina, rusty hinge
  • other - Gearhead dies (Tim Holtz), craft foam, Dimensionals, Copic markers, MISTI, vintage photo distress archival ink, heat tool, Big Shot

My fellow team mates have some wonderful samples to inspire you, so do pop over to the CASOF blog to take a look, and of course we'd love you to join in the challenge with your own interpretation of circles.

Thanks for dropping by.

Cheers
Kerry


4 comments:

Valérie said...

Funny card, Kerry! I love the gentleman's face. He doesn't look convinced :) I love the grungy background too.

Ina ( Frysk Famke ) said...

Beautiful and funny card Kerry

Janneke said...

Love your card Kerry ♥

Rob I said...

Great card, love the quirky man, he is a statement on his own. TFS